- Schizophrenia: patients usually have less brain tissue
- Major Depression: scans show less brain activity in depressed brain
- Alzheimer’s: brain tissue significantly shrinks, hippocampus is usually the first region to go
- ADHD: less brain activity in the frontal cortex (area associated with decision making)
- OCD: high brain activity
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD): hippocampal volume reduction (area involved in memory) and increased activation of the amygdala (area involved in emotional responses)
I don’t think people realise how hard it is to re-discover the person you were before depression or even try to remember your own personality
Rainbow Lattice Sunstone from Mud Tank in the Northern Territory, Australia
set of nostalgia drawings by gabriel picolo. i don’t think i have enough space on my tumblr for all his works that i’d like to post.
these are incredible
it looks like it has a tiny world on its wings, the first photo, an aerial map from above. fucking beautiful.
"I have to stop falling in love with memories."
9 word story (via jennayliu)